As Siamese Dream celebrated it's 21st birthday I thought back to my teenage years and stuck the album on Spotify. With every chord and riff it reminded me of the countless hours trying to learn the tabs for Mayonnaise, and failing miserably to replicate their sound by cutting out all the middle on my little Peavey practice amp and whacking the treble, bass and of course distortion on full.
Some albums and bands seem to move seamlessly across decades, Maiden, Slayer and the likes of Hendrix seem to sound or at least fit in with the current time. I find this album does the opposite and pulls me back to that alt rock / grunge period. I will always regret not seeing them live at that point. It was clear to see after watching Metallica at Glastonbury that it is always best to see a band in their prime!
This year's posts
- - Funny Phonics - An alternative alphabet
- - Inktober - A drawing a day for 31 days
- - Crazy 8s - How they can help any designer
- - Personas, you don’t need them… but they help!
- - Screen Printing Fun
- - The countdown begins
- - In search of perfection
- - Going back to basics with Jekyll
- - The last ride of the year
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off