How hard can it be to do a drawing a day for 31 days? Actually.. it turned out to be quite a challenge I won't lie.
Inktober is a challenge on Instagram by Jake Parker and has been going for a good few years.
Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month.
This is not as easy as it looks
Things started well, with great enthusiasm each day. It started to become apparant after a while that fitting in a drawing when you have a job and kids.. and commitments.. etc was going to be hard.
Some of the days I was really pleased, others it was more keeping things going and as the days went on the thought of missing a day became unthinkable.
You made it! Good job buddy :)
I managed the month, and it really inspired me to push on with my illustration and try and develop a style once and for all. Time to think of my own challenge to take me through to the new year.
This year's posts
- - Funny Phonics - An alternative alphabet
- - Inktober - A drawing a day for 31 days
- - Crazy 8s - How they can help any designer
- - Personas, you don’t need them… but they help!
- - Screen Printing Fun
- - The countdown begins
- - In search of perfection
- - Going back to basics with Jekyll
- - The last ride of the year
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off