Off the back of doing the Inktober challenge I wanted to set myself a new goal to work towards. My commute to work each day allowed me a nice 30 minute drawing slot on the train. Having also started getting really bored of the books my boy was bringing hme to aid learning letters I decided to do my own alphabet!
"A is for Apple, a, a, a."
My concept was simple, although as it turned out a bit harder once I started getting to the more niche letters. Pair an animal with an unlikely situation or item. I started with "B for Bear" as I had been playing around with some bear sketches for some screen prints anyway.
This project is actually turning out to be quite a slow burner as I want a better final outcome. Perhaps I could turn it into an actual book or maybe a set of prints.
The Alphabet according to Sush
Here are a few of the final concepts, you can see them all on my Instagram feed.
This year's posts
- - Funny Phonics - An alternative alphabet
- - Inktober - A drawing a day for 31 days
- - Crazy 8s - How they can help any designer
- - Personas, you don’t need them… but they help!
- - Screen Printing Fun
- - The countdown begins
- - In search of perfection
- - Going back to basics with Jekyll
- - The last ride of the year
- - Apprenticeships in the Design Industry
- - It's time to stop being a busy fool
- - The Business of Web Design 2014 #tboWD
- - My favourite band I never saw...
- - My first Parkrun
- - I am sorry Internet Explorer.. this cannot go on!
- - Know when to hold them... know when to fold them.
- - And that is why you don't want to spend too much time swimming and snorkelling!
- - Summer Solstice 2013 - A #microadventure
- - Getting Started with Responsive Design
- - It is OK to hoard... you never know when you might need something!
- - 10 ways to back up your design work
- - 10 ways the role of 'web designer' is changing
- - Time waits for no one
- - Websites are not for designers and developers, they are for users
- - Can you really design purely in a browser?
- - How do you support your ongoing clients with website updates/support? Do you use a retainer or charge hourly?
- - There is something about the darkside...
- - #ecomchat - Enhancing Ecommerce with Mobile
- - The problem with Getting things done...
- - Taking the blinkers off